BEST PRACTICES IN KNOWLEDGE RESOURCE CENTRE: CASE STUDY OF MIT WPU CENTRAL LIBRARY
Improvement in Library and Information services and profession is not possible without implementation of best practices in their day to day practice. Role of MITWPU - Knowledge Resource Centre is very important to support university’s vision and mission. Knowledge Resource Centre attempts to provide best quality services to students, faculty and research scholars in least possible cost. In this paper author discussed the best practices in the Knowledge Resource Centre. Best practices adopted in KRC are latest model of collection development, Digital Library services through library portal, Mobile App, fully equipped digital library with Wi-Fi and Internet Facility, Book Bank Facility, and automated Circulation and user tracking system with QR Code technology, best Library Users Award for Students, Exclusive collection of Biographies /Autobiographies of Luminaries, HBS (Harvard Business School) Corner etc. Knowledge Resource Centre adopts various practices for the professional development of the staff as well. We conduct various workshops, training programs and seminar for the staff for the development and implementation in day to day activities.
2. Sathe, V.S. (2015), “Knowledge Librarian”- An International Peer Reviewed Bilingual E-Journal Of Library And Information Science Volume: 02, Issue: 01, Jan. – Feb.
3. Badiger, M & et.al (2017), International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7722, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714
4. Vyas, S.D., ICAL 2009 – MANAGEMENT MODELS AND FRAMEWORK
5. Wadnerkar, V.B. (2014) AJMS, Vol. 3 No. 2 July - December
6. Humane, S.M. (2020), Int. Res. J. of Science & Engineering, Special Issue A7, February
7. Jotwani, D. (2008). 6th International CALIBER -2008, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, February 28-29 & March 1.
8. Sumadevi, S. (2014), International Journal of Digital Library Services, Vol-4, Oct.-Dec., Issue – 4. ISSN:2250-1142 (Online), ISSN 2349-302X (Print).
9. Prabhakar, S.V.R. and Rani, S.V.M.(2017), International Journal of Librarianship and Administration. ISSN 2231-1300 Volume 8, Number 1 (2017), pp. 7-15
10. Singh, Shiv Kumar (2017), International Journal of Information Movement Vol.2 Issue VI (October), ISSN: 2456-0553 (online) Pages 248-250.
11. Ghule, Rajkumar P.(2016), International Journal of Research in Library Science, ISSN: 2455-104X, Volume 2,Issue 1 (January-June),178-181.
Copyright (c) 2022 Vandana Sanjay Dhumal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.